StealthMachines Wants to Build Flying Machines

I remember sock hops at Olander, where my dad used to teach. I didn’t attend school there, I went to McGraw & Lopez, but I was allowed - back when everything was still new. I remember roaming the empty & darkened hallways of Olander during endless summers hopping from classroom to classroom to visit all of my favorite teachers with my sister and I randomly meandering between unlocked rooms and the outside playground. I remember playing flashlight tag late into the evening and night while our parents and the neighbors had engaging conversations after dinner.

He couldn’t always be a teacher, and when prior he was an interim principal he moved on to help more students & to make ends meet as a principal at the mountain schools - Livermore, Stove Prairie, Red Feather. His car was made old by all of the driving as to make sure the children didn’t have to wake up too early & commute all the way to town.

We used to go into the garage just to look at the burgundy car when she was new, and by the time I drove her through late high school and early college I was ignorant and wanted to sell, I was embarrassed by the knocking engine at the time, I thought I wanted something newer.

https://zchg.org/hott/late%20episodes/1907A%20-%2015-Aug-01%20-%20Back%20in%20Time.mp3

I didn’t know what I know now about the pride of ownership & of making things new again the only way it’s possible to do so - with hard work and maintenance. I had been instructed it was important to do so time and time again, but I hadn’t learned through the school of hard knocks. I wish I could have hung onto my burgundy machine, in hindsight.

Before he retired, he would become principal at McGraw where I had attended as a boy. They planted trees to remember a small portion of the important things. I remember.

https://josefkulovany.com/recompiled-pages/Latest%20Projects%20_%20Josef%20Kulovany.htm

image