You know what I think? Lest they ALL perish, this being their pensions and jobs both, IMMEDIATELY reduce by 25%, notwithstanding any provision of Colorado law and where not repugnant to the rights reserved to The People, anyone’s earnings over $100,800 — whether retired or not — but allow this essential slashing to regenerate over ten years if so desired by the employee.
Expand the territory of each and every school by 10%.
Cap pay at $150,000, full stop, ten years — cherished custodian and Superintendent alike. And stop even considering cannibalizing existing assets to limp along a little longer. If you need to, lease these properties out instead so they remain property of The People where they rightly belong.
Does this mean filing Chapter X, Y, Z or the like? Does it mean re-negotiating some debt? So be it if existing contracts cannot be re-assessed any other way. These charts spell doom without fiscal reining-in, and this needs to be understood.
I see the writing on the wall if this horse isn’t reined before the cliff where there is no saving it all, and I’ve news that horses don’t bode well when met with gravity; is this not understood by all parties?
Unions, do you chop off the nose to save face, or do you perform the operation while the corpus is still in some way in the land of the living? Choose wisely. It’s curtains for the music if you do not. Consider the turnip, how it can and does weep.
High time the full of it is run like a business, and not carte blanche. These are not those times. For the children.
God bless each and every one of you. This too shall pass.
Yours Truly,
-Josef W. Kulovany
The son of school teachers, for whom at least four of his father’s legacies are on the block.
B.A., Economics, Colorado State University
https://copera.org/pera-on-the-issues/understanding-peras-unfunded-liability
Poudre School District Colorado PERA Colorado Education Association Poudre Education Association NEA Today
P.S. Now I’ve seen the suffering and the fear leading up to this for many years. I acknowledge the existing gaps in my reproach. There is a Lawful reckoning on order external to our strained public schools. Beloved reader, might you also find it favorable that those among the first to have cause for the damages & hardships imposed on our school systems as to merit this temporal sacrifice ought to be the first out the gate to have remedy from these dividers nearest and dearest to the year 2020; and upon Lawful execution of the inevitable remedy? If you would have the courage & fortitude to stay with me on this, I will close the gap, timely, upon these our — true assailers. Brothers and sisters, stay tuned for a follow-up love letter addressing this also. We will uncover this, our true and common enemy together as to make good on the scales of justice very soon. We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but there is something poignant to finally remove before the wiped clean tears, and soon. Is it soon enough to tell you that I love you? If you don’t know it yet, may I show you again next time? I hope so. Thank you.
